When it comes to Amazon account suspensions, there is no âone-size fits allâ solution.Â With a whole lot of vague guidelines and policiesÂ Amazon.com Help: Policies and Agreements, Amazon is weeding out sellers left and right with suspensions.
Each account suspension is unique and must be handled according to a vendor's individual situation.Â There are, however, some overall practices that have been known to work when you are attempting to get your account reinstated.Â Which tactics would be most beneficial to you rely heavily upon for what were you suspended for.
Common Reasons forÂ Amazon Seller Suspension
1. Selling Prohibited Items.Â Amazon outlines all prohibited items in their guidelines â somewhere. It is quite difficult to find a concrete list of banned items. Regardless, some known prohibited items include the following: drug paraphernalia, illegal things, certain brands of health and beauty products, particular brands of toys and much more. If Amazon catches on and learns that you are selling prohibited items, you will be banned.
2. Selling Counterfeit Items.Â Counterfeit sales on Amazon are a big problem. This issue often arises with movies and DVDs, electronics, beauty products and many other categories. Even if you believe your item is direct from the manufacturer, your account will be banned if anyone states that you're selling counterfeit products.
Important Note: Counterfeit and inauthentic items are not the same. Counterfeit items are fake / imitation products. Inauthentic products may be ârealâ in theory, but are not qualified for sale on Amazon because of where they are purchased. If a product is purchased from another source besides the original manufacturer, that makes it inauthentic in the eyes of Amazon.
3. Negative Feedback.Â Customer feedback â it's every sellers' worst nightmare. Your customer metrics depend heavily on feedback from your buyers, and if even one or two of them are anything less than thrilled, you better offer a refund and more ASAP or risk account suspension.
4. Duplicate Accounts.Â If you think opening a second Amazon account is a good idea for any reason, think again. Amazon uses a complex, intricate, and extremely detailed algorithm to catch sellers who do not abide by the regulations. You can't have two seller accounts. Do this, and you can pretty much guarantee yourself a suspension.
5. Opening a New Account after Being Suspended.Â It's understandable that dealing with seller performance after being suspended is no fun â but do not try to open another seller account after Amazon has closed your previous account. Trust me, they will know, and that account will be shut down as well.
In addition to these common errors, I often come across these additional reasons for seller account suspensions:
I hope this list enlightens readers of the myriad of policies Amazon has that if violated, will guarantee you that dreaded email all Amazon sellers have nightmares about:
Oh yeah!Â If you have ever received this email before, your stomach is turning right now.Â Essentially, this email appears in a sellers' inbox stating that their business has been shut down, the funds from their prior sales are frozen, and they have lost their ability to make a living.Â âBut hey, if you want to shoot us an email back letting us know how you won't ever screw up again, we will have an account analyst spend 3 minutes reviewing your appeal and let you know if your professional life is doomed or not.â
Seller Performance Team will never get on the phone with an Amazon buyer or seller.Â Once your account is suspended, a carefully crafted appeal that contains a plan of action is your only hope.Â For every variation of the reason for being suspended, there are minor methods one should take when writing their appeal plan.Â For the sake of this answer, though, I will provide a general outline of how to handle the MIB of Amazon.
Of course, creating flawless appeal plans is an art in itself, especially when dealing in certain categories.Â I can assure you, though, if you follow the above steps, you will be back to selling in no time.
For those who have failed to get their account reinstated after multiple appeals, have legal issues involved in their case or simply value their Amazon seller account too much to leave it to chance, there are other options.Â Certain situations call for certain experts and one should research any services they may choose to aid them thoroughly.
This is the reason I foundedÂ Amazon Sellers' Lawyer.Â There are far too many people and businesses getting shut down by Amazon every day.Â They are left helpless, hopeless and broke.Â I do not believe these events align with our American morals and values.